Our firm is growing and we are looking for a new, savvy team member with an exceptional spirit, upbeat attitude, collaborative mentality, and out-of-the-box creative thinking that add exponential value to our clients and to our company morale and culture.
Who we are……
Abbott, Stringham & Lynch (ASL) is a well-established local CPA firm in the Silicon Valley consistently ranking within Top 25 public accounting firms in the Greater Bay Area. ASL brings professionals, experience and connections to the table and offers world-class business advising, accounting and tax services.
We work with well-established middle market privately held companies as well as emerging businesses to help them thrive in their markets.
What do we offer?
- Excellent team of experienced professionals valuing commitment, responsibility and professionalism
- Individual attention to growth and career development for our staff accountants informally and through mentor program
- Hands-on training on specific jobs as well as formal training provided by accredited institutions
- Great benefits, attractive rewards, intriguing perks and fun team-building events
- Great culture driven by firm’s value of quality of life, exemplary character and superior quality of service
Position Description & Responsibilities
- Prepare trial balances for use in engagements
- Prepare various written communications to clients
- Participate in engagement planning process
- Review various clients’ schedules and roll forwards
- Complete detail testing of transactions for financial statement audit under the direct supervision of an Audit Senior or Manager
- Analyze account balances and fluctuations and develop expectations. Investigate significant and unusual variances
- Participate in review and compilation engagements
- Perform inventory observation and prepare related documentation
- Assist in preparing financial statements and related disclosures
- Communicate conclusions and results directly to Audit Seniors, Managers and Partners
- Develop a working knowledge of firm technology, including engagement software and other audit tools
Required Education and Experience
- Staff accountants must have a college undergraduate degree in accounting
- Staff accountants must meet education requirement to sit for the CPA exam or be actively working towards completion of the educational requirement
Required Soft Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Analytical skills and critical reasoning
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities
- Involves work in the firm’s office or at the client’s premises. Work at the client’s premises may require the use of the audit employee’s personal car; business casual dress code.
- Moderate to low overtime required throughout the year. High level of overtime may be required to complete specific audit and review engagements.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please click here.
Thank you for taking the time to consider ASL. We look forward to hearing from you!