Our firm is growing and we are currently looking for a Manager/Senior Manager for our Real Estate Tax practice. We are interested in hiring an ambitious, savvy CPA with great energy, solid experience, an upbeat attitude, collaborative spirit, and out-of-the-box creative thinking that will add value to our firm.
Who we are……
Abbott, Stringham & Lynch (ASL) is a well-established Silicon Valley CPA firm consistently ranking within the Top 25 public accounting firms in the California Bay Area. ASL brings professionals, experience, and connections to the table and offers full-service business advising, tax, audit and accounting and valuation services.
What do we offer you?
- Opportunity for growth
- Great benefits, compensation, attractive rewards, intriguing perks and fun team-building events
- Great culture driven by firm’s value of quality of life, exemplary character and superior quality of service
- Excellent team of experienced professionals valuing commitment, responsibility, and professionalism
- Reasonable work hours and flexible schedule
- Individual attention to growth and career development for all of our employees both informally and formally through mentor program
Our tax professional essential duties and responsibilities include:
- In depth experience in accounting and taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to real estate owners, developers, investors, and privately held real estate entities
- Extensive experience in the following partnership and real estate tax areas: partnership basis and capital account maintenance, allocations of income and loss, liability allocations, purchase and sales of partnership interests, basis adjustments, sales and exchanges of partnership interests, like-kind exchanges, tenancy-in-common, tangible property regulations.
- Assist with tax planning opportunities: identifying tax planning projects, providing tax research and analysis for clients, and keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues
- Develop curriculum and teach technical subjects in-house
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Business development
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task, manage project workflow, budgets, and billing in a fast-paced team environment
- Manage and mentor staff and seniors: encourage a collaborative team atmosphere. Mentoring staff includes providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
Qualifications to become a Team Member
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA License
- 8 year minimum public accounting tax experience
- Corporate, partnership, individual and fiduciary tax preparation and review experience
- Advanced degree such as Masters in Taxation
- Experience using Prosystem and Engagement software
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please click here.
Thank you for taking the time to consider ASL. We look forward to hearing from you!