ASL Technology Group
As a technology company you are always striving to push the barriers of what is possible; ASL works with you to optimize your tax and accounting positions. The ASL Technology group can help you keep or even increase your advantage in the marketplace by helping you:
- Know exactly how much revenue you have and when you can recognize it.
- Manage cash flow more effectively so you can finance the development and deployment of breakthrough technologies.
- Decrease the cost of research and development.
- Expand globally and increase the profitability of those expansions.
- Keep you compliant by providing timely and accurate information concerning financial reporting and tax compliance.
The ASL Technology Group is a team dedicated to and experienced in the unique needs of technology companies such as:
- The unique revenue recognition rules to which you are subject.
- The specialized accounting treatment of your equity instruments.
- Analyzing intangible assets and addressing the related impairment analysis.
- The treatment of international transactions in the global technology market.
- R&D tax credits available to you.
We actively participate in domestic and international technology groups and associations. The ASL Technology Group is also actively involved with the PKF Technology Community of Practice through PKF North America and International, which is a network of independent accounting firms available to one another for engagements and information sharing. We have also been through several types of liquidating events with our clients, and can advise you out of this experience on what accounting areas could cause challenges or slow-downs during your due diligence.
To further assist our clients and the technology community at large, we also offer seminars on accounting and tax topics specifically applicable to the technology industry. Some of the topics covered include:
- R&D Studies and Tax Credits
- Protecting Intellectual Property
- Accounting for International Transactions
- Equity Compensation
- VC Funding and Management